South African Deep-Sea Trawling Association (SADSTIA) is an association that represent the trawler owners and operators that catch, process and market Cape hake.
Closing date: 02 November 2020
Contract period: 12-months
Salary: Remuneration is aligned with the TETA funding model per month
Do you wish to be able to make your passion for the thrill of the ocean into a profession? This opportunity deserves your attention as a graduate of natural science, engineering & technology.
If you have a first degree or National Diploma qualification and intending to further your studies in 2021 and willing to gain valuable opportunity in career development?
We invite you to apply for the SADSTIA Internship Programme.
SADSTIA recognises the need for change in the commercial fishing industry, inter alia by opening doors for young professionals in order to create a solid foundation for implementation of the “SADSTIA Science Academy” in the long term.
To introduce a new platform for taking commitment in critical skills development to a new level, investing in young minds and providing new perspectives on the fishing industry that will be an inspiration to postgraduates building career opportunities and contributing to their professional growth.
- Must be in possession of the relevant degree/diploma qualification
- Must intend on studying towards a postgraduate qualification, by providing proof of registration and acceptance for 2021 within one of the aforementioned fields of study. Graduates with Honours/BTech qualification will be given first preference.
- Masters candidates that are ongoing with dissertations are also considered.
- Must be a South African Citizen/permanent SA Citizen
- Must be between the age of 18 and 34 years
- Must be currently unemployed
HOW TO APPLY?
Upload/attach the following supporting documentation along with the completed internship application form in a merged PDF file.
- ID document/ passport (certified copy)
- Latest academic transcript (certified copy) only
- An abridged Curriculum Vitae (CV) of no more than 2 pages
- Letter of motivation (1 page) and a short description of your honours research project or area of research interest
- Parents/ Guardians payslips (Not older than 3 months)
NB: Do not submit any additional documentation, other than those specified above.
Late applications will not be accepted.
For any queries, please contact Fisokuhle Mbatha: 021 425 2727 or firstname.lastname@example.org